Skip to main content

I did it!

So...I did it.

I let go of my worries, my fears, my pride.

...and quit my job.

0_o

The last time I asked for prayers, Jamey and I were in the midst of making this decision. We weren't sure how things would work out (and still don't know what God has in store for us), but we are now confident that this is the right decision for our family.

But I had to let go bit by bit. I've been working since I was 15 years old, and the only reason I've ever quit a job before is I was moving to or from college (or in one case I had a boss that made me cry every day for almost 3 months). This was my first big girl job, one that I truly enjoyed.

And thankfully when I went in to give my notice, my boss made it easy to say goodbye. He told me that I would be missed but he completely understood my desire to want to be home. He said that after everything we've been through that he was happy for me, and that if I ever do decide to get back into the field, he would be more than happy to write me an excellent recommendation.

Whew.

So, I'm officially a stay-at-home Mom! I'm going to be doing something part-time for my chiropractors a couple days a week, but other than that I will get to see this beautiful face all day everyday:
She just makes everything so worth it. I'm so excited to have the privilege of watching her grow, teaching her about life, and introducing her to so many 'firsts'.

God is so good. We are so blessed. I'm the happiest I've ever been.

Comments

  1. I'm SO happy for you - that the decision you made was one you feel great about. :) And seriously, being a SAHM has it's long days but it's just as rewarding as working too. Sans paycheck ;) but lots of kisses make up for that.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy! She's so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unfixable

I have to share some things that are going to make some people uncomfortable. I'm okay with that, but I know it's not going to be easy to read because you might want to try to fix me. You can't. You can't "fix" these feelings. You can't pray them away. You can't tell me to "just trust God" and go on with your day. Well, I guess you  can. But I can't. I am not in a good place. I am not okay. I don't even want to be okay at this point. I tell Jamey almost every night that I want to go back to the hospital. I want to lay in that bed. I want to kiss and cuddle my son. I want to stroke his cheeks. I don't care if they're cold. I don't care if he'll never open his eyes again. I just want to go back there and rock him in my arms. I took pictures of the bruises on my arms and hands from being in the hospital. There are so few memories of my son, that I didn't even want to forget that part. My blood pressure w...

Memories

I have videos of the entirety of Sam's life...so even if I forget them, I'll be able to see everything from those moments. The moments after he was born, however, are only images in my head. After Sam died and everyone had the chance to hold him, it was time to get some rest. Jamey's family went home, my sisters slept on the chair and couch in my room, and my parents went out to the car to sleep. The hotel attached to the hospital told my family they'd be charged full price for a room if they checked in at 5am but would need to check out at noon, so they opted not to get one. Jamey crawled into bed with me, Sam snuggled between us. He had been in heaven for over an hour, but to us it just seemed natural. We wanted to share one nap with our boy, before he was physically taken from us. It wasn't a peaceful sleep, of course. Hospital beds aren't made for 2 grown people. But we made it work. Phone calls were made, and we were told that the director of the Cr...

Rain Clouds

I really don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life, but I'm afraid I might. I'll be perfectly fine for days, maybe even weeks, and then it just seems to hit me out of nowhere. Something huge is missing from my life. I feel homesick even though I'm home. Jamey and I packed a bag tonight for when we go up to the hospital. We read through the lists of suggestions from other moms, mostly of what to bring for baby. Only because we don't know what we'll need for her. We bought two outfits for Sam, bathed him once, and he only wore one diaper. I know the hospital has most of the stuff we'll need, but I like to bring a little extra. As much fun as it is to pack a coming home outfit, it's equally sad for us. I asked Jamey if any of this made him sad and he said, "yes, it does." I don't want the happy moments in my life to be overshadowed by this sadness that we have for Sam. Although I don't ever want to forget him in any way, ...