Skip to main content

25 Weeks Pregnant

How Far Along: 25 weeks!

Size of baby: Cauliflower...cute huh?

Sleep: Much better this week! Been having some interesting dreams but we are getting back to "normal" now. We already kind of look like up-all-night parents with bags under our eyes, so be ready for the zombies that come out of our house here in a few months ;-)

Total Weight Gain: I think about 12 pounds. Baby weighs 2 pounds for sure now.

Symptoms: Incredible pain in my lower abdomen, like a stabbing pain when I walk. I got off the couch tonight and couldn't even stand up straight it was so bad. Where's my wheelchair? Haha! Oh and I really can't eat anything without having heartburn....especially not my beloved Mickey Ds!

Movement: She's pretty quiet during the day. In fact, a couple days ago she was so still I got worried and drank some juice, which she then kicked me a couple times and went back to sleep. Mom! I was sleeping didn't ya know! But I'm pretty sure she's up all night (thankfully I'm sleeping through it.)

Maternity Clothes: Everything maternity. I try to look cute still and sometimes I succeed but other days I just look in the mirror and go "well, this is it for the day." I would love to go on  maternity clothes shopping spree and look super cute....who wants to take me? Anyone?....Anyone?

Go-to eats: Everything. Just not really sweets at all, this baby doesn't like them.

Best moment of the week: We got a 3D ultrasound and can see all the details of this girl's face! I am totally objective...and I say she's super cute ;-)

Gender: We're having a little girl!

What I wish people knew: I've mentioned this before but I just go go go til I drop. I chased after Duke tonight when he got off his leash and went after an itty bitty chihuahua to chomp her up. It almost killed me but I caught him. But I am so incredibly thankful for the people who understand my limitations right now and take it easy on me!

What I’m looking forward to: Holding our baby...only 15 more weeks! (Maybe less because she measures more like 27 weeks along instead of 25)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfixable

I have to share some things that are going to make some people uncomfortable. I'm okay with that, but I know it's not going to be easy to read because you might want to try to fix me. You can't. You can't "fix" these feelings. You can't pray them away. You can't tell me to "just trust God" and go on with your day. Well, I guess you  can. But I can't. I am not in a good place. I am not okay. I don't even want to be okay at this point. I tell Jamey almost every night that I want to go back to the hospital. I want to lay in that bed. I want to kiss and cuddle my son. I want to stroke his cheeks. I don't care if they're cold. I don't care if he'll never open his eyes again. I just want to go back there and rock him in my arms. I took pictures of the bruises on my arms and hands from being in the hospital. There are so few memories of my son, that I didn't even want to forget that part. My blood pressure w...

Memories

I have videos of the entirety of Sam's life...so even if I forget them, I'll be able to see everything from those moments. The moments after he was born, however, are only images in my head. After Sam died and everyone had the chance to hold him, it was time to get some rest. Jamey's family went home, my sisters slept on the chair and couch in my room, and my parents went out to the car to sleep. The hotel attached to the hospital told my family they'd be charged full price for a room if they checked in at 5am but would need to check out at noon, so they opted not to get one. Jamey crawled into bed with me, Sam snuggled between us. He had been in heaven for over an hour, but to us it just seemed natural. We wanted to share one nap with our boy, before he was physically taken from us. It wasn't a peaceful sleep, of course. Hospital beds aren't made for 2 grown people. But we made it work. Phone calls were made, and we were told that the director of the Cr...

Rain Clouds

I really don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life, but I'm afraid I might. I'll be perfectly fine for days, maybe even weeks, and then it just seems to hit me out of nowhere. Something huge is missing from my life. I feel homesick even though I'm home. Jamey and I packed a bag tonight for when we go up to the hospital. We read through the lists of suggestions from other moms, mostly of what to bring for baby. Only because we don't know what we'll need for her. We bought two outfits for Sam, bathed him once, and he only wore one diaper. I know the hospital has most of the stuff we'll need, but I like to bring a little extra. As much fun as it is to pack a coming home outfit, it's equally sad for us. I asked Jamey if any of this made him sad and he said, "yes, it does." I don't want the happy moments in my life to be overshadowed by this sadness that we have for Sam. Although I don't ever want to forget him in any way, ...